Tuesday, July 1, 2008

How To Have a Pool Party Without Having a Pool


So I know this is illegal, but I do have to give credit to the originators of this idea. As I am sure most of us have realized, Google will eventually take over the world. Okay, so maybe I am joking, but really they have seemed to conquer whatever area of business they have decided to enter. Well now, some teenagers in England are using Google's dominance to their advantage.

One of Google's first projects in the map navigating business was Google Earth. If you have never tried it, I highly encourage you to do so. It does require a download but the pictures that you can see are quite neat and best of all, it is free. So back to the story. So what these teenagers are doing is using Google Earth to find nearby houses that have pools at them, and they are telling all of their friends to show up at that house for a party. Because none of the invitors or the invitees live at these houses, guests are highly encouraged to come in a costume so they cannot be identified and come via bike, so they can make a quick get away. While I would not like to be one of these home owners who either finds beer cans around their pool or is awakened by a party, I do have to give these teenagers credit. Maybe if they cause such a commotion, the community would consider providing a pool for them to have their parties. I am not sure about you, but I think the pool situation in Virginia is absolutely crazy. We "signed up" for a nearby pool, but it has a 5 year wait. If that is not the craziest thing, what is?

No comments: