Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Car Update


Okay, I admit that my car was not damaged as much as this jeep, but because of how this process has evolved, you would think that we are talking about a lot of damage. I received a phone call today from the appraiser who wanted to drive by and look at my car sometime during the day. I explained that I am at work during the day and that I park at the Metro so getting to my car is quite difficult. So we arranged to meet sometime between 5 - 7 PM, which means I need to leave work early, but hopefully this will get the ball rolling. I mentioned to him that I have the written estimate from the body shop where the work would be done and he did not seem pleased to hear that. The only reason I mentioned it is because the insurance company told me to do so. Ugh the frustration! To my understanding, which may not be correct because the rules seem to be constantly changing, after receiving the estimate, I am supposed to then go to the body shop and have them look at the estimate. If they disagree with the estimate, then the body shop and the appraiser need to come to some form of an agreement. Now why this would occur if I already have the written estimate from the body shop, I do not know and I hope it does not happen, but if it does, you will be the first to know about it.

No comments: