Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Ice Cream Week?


So I am not sure what is so special about ice cream this week, but yesterday Ben and Jerry's had their free cone day and today, Baskin and Robbins is having their 31 cent night. It is tonight only from 5 - 10 PM. The interesting thing is, according to their website, they actually allow up to 10 scoops (which are 2.5 oz scoops) per person. That is generous, because normally I feel like they only allow one per person. If you do plan on getting more than one scoop per person, I would encourage you to print out the website. Then, why stop there? Tomorrow, you could head to Carvel (although I truly feel that it is so much better down south then it is up in Virginia), where they are having an ice cream happy hour. From 4 - 6 PM, Carvel is offering a free Arctic Blender or a free Blended Coffee.

Also, you may want to mark your calendars for May 13, which is Haagen-Dazs' New Flavor Day, where they will be providing a free scoop of their new ice cream, Vanilla Honey Bee, from 4 - 8 PM.

The reason why this is so interesting is because National Ice Cream Month is every July and National Ice Cream Day is the third Sunday in July. But the way I see it, you can't complain about free or cheap ice cream.

2 comments:

Sean said...

A lot of posts in your first two days! You'll be glad to know that I went by Baskin Robbins today, but turned around when I saw that the line was 30+ deep.

Kevin said...

Yeah, even my wife said the savings you get is offset by the hours you wait for the ice cream, so she passed too.