Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Car Update

So it has been awhile since I have posted about my car, so I figured I would update you what has happened in the past two weeks. The insurance company finally agreed to cover the cost of the repairs, but would only pay approximately $1,500. So, I took the car to the body shop and they immediately, to my surprise, started working on it. However, when they started to take some of the pieces off my car to be repaired, they discovered that the front grill and the hood were damaged. The grill is broken and the hood is bent, but the body shop said that it was “minor additional damage.” They have contacted the insurance company for additional authorization on Monday, May 12. However, as of this afternoon, the insurance company still has not authorized the additional repairs, so my car is just sitting there. The ironic thing is, the insurance company thought all repairs would be completed in two days, but it has been two days of waiting for approval, rather than repair work. I guess they just want me to keep the rental car a little bit longer, because if the body shop does not hear back soon, the repairs will not be completed by this weekend.

No comments: