Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Home Alone 4: Lost in Vancouver, British Columbia

We all remember Macaulay Culkin, who has been dating Mila Kunis (one of the stars in the hit movie Forgetting Sarah Marshall) since 2002, playing the role of Kevin McCallister in Home Alone and Home Alone 2: Lost in New York. Many people probably do not remember the 1997 movie Home Alone 3, which Culkin did not star in. However, Home Alone 4 is actually a real life movie and not one that will be shown in movie theaters.

The star of Home Alone 4 is a 23-month-old boy named J.M. Parreno,. The Parrenos were emigrating from the Philippines to Winnipeg, Canada but had to change planes in Vancouver, British Columbia. For unknown reasons, probably customs and security, the Parreno family had to unpack and repack their bags before boarding their plane to Winnipeg. This left them with 10 minutes to make it to their flight and so they started to run to the gate. The family, which consisted of the father, mother, and two of J.M.’s grandparents, each thought someone else had J.M. However, J.M. was actually left to wander around the airport. The family made their flight to Winnipeg, but because their seats were not together, they continued to think that J.M. was with another person. It was not until officials from Air Canada, their air carrier from their flight to Winnipeg, spoke to the Parreno family, that they realized that J.M. was left behind in Vancouver.

I realize I am not a parent yet, but I cannot foresee a situation where I would leave my child behind. I am so paranoid as it is, that I think checking to make sure my child is with me before I board an airplane would be instinctive. This led me to wonder, has anyone out there left their child behind?

In case you were wondering, Air Canada, paid for the family to fly back to Vancouver to pick up J.M. and to fly back to Winnipeg. For that, I give major kudos to Air Canada.

2 comments:

Sean said...

Macaulay Culkin is dating Mila Kunis? Congrats to Macaulay!

Kevin said...

Yeah, I think she could do so much better, but oh well. There were rumors in 2006 that they were planning on getting married, but to my knowledge, nothing has happened. A fun tidbit about Mila Kunis. It was actually Culkin who introduced her to Family Guy. Before watching an episode with Culkin, Kunis never watched or heard of Family Guy.