Sunday, May 18, 2008

Restaurant Review: Foster’s Grille

So every so often, my wife and I go out to eat at several local dining establishments. Tonight, after participating in the Post Hunt, we decided to grab dinner at Foster’s Grille. Foster’s Grille is a restaurant chain, which specializes in burgers, that has restaurants in Florida, Georgia, Maryland, Missouri, North Carolina, and Virginia. Sadly, the quality of the food and the service is dependent on who is working that day. As I mentioned in my post discussing Fogo De Chão and Texas de Brazil, I like to have my meat cooked medium well, so I ordered my hamburger medium well. Tonight, my wife also ordered hers medium well. When we both bit into our burgers, then were not cooked satisfactory. Mine was more medium and my wife’s was more medium-rare. When I asked for a new hamburger they were not pleased, however they obliged me. (Yes, I did watch the cooks to make sure they didn’t spit in the new hamburger.) The manager eventually came over and apologized and asked if the new burger was okay. She also told me that in the future, I should ask for her to make sure that my hamburger is cooked correctly.

Now, if this was my first experience with the cooking and service that I experienced, I would not be posting this “warning.” However, this has sadly become a frequent occurrence of late that is slowly lowering my expectations for a restaurant that once was my go to place for a decent burger. I realized that $7.99 for a burger, fries and a drink is a good price, but if the burger is not cooked right and the fries are not seasoned, how good of a price is it? Just wanted to warn, I mean, let you know. Beware of the food quality, this place may be going down. I truly hope that they can turn it around. Has anyone else noticed the decrease in quality?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kevin,

As the VP of Operations for Foster's Grille I would like to address your concerns from your recent visit. Please contact me at 703/754-6220 and ask for Mike.