Monday, May 5, 2008

It's Time To Celebrate National Pet Month

So this may sound crazy, but May is actually National Pet Month, so let's all go out and celebrate. I have heard that several supermarkets are running sales on pet food, so we should all run out and buy some to celebrate! For those of you who may be confused, thinking it was last month, April, let me assure you it was not. Because April was National Pets are Wonderful Month. Two totally different months with two totally different names. :) Which got me to thinking, what other National Months is May known for. Upon doing some research, I was actually quite surprised to find that there were quite a few National Months in May, so to keep this posting on the shorter side, I figured I would post a few of the celebrations that is going on this month:

• Correct Posture Month
• Foot Health Month
• Mental Health Month
• National Artisan Gelato Month
• National Asparagus Month
• National Barbecue Month
• National Bike Month
• National Chocolate Custard Month
• National Egg Month
• National Good Car Keeping Month
• National Hamburger Month
• National Mine Month
• National Salad Month
• National Salsa Month
• National Share A Story month
• Older Americans Month

I also wanted to mention National Macaroon Day which is May 31st!

Just in case you were concerned, I haven't forgotten today is Cinco de Mayo. So Happy Cinco de Mayo!!! Today started with a big pain with the Eta Aquarids Meteor Shower. How many people were up before dawn to see it? I certainly missed it.

2 comments:

Byron said...

I hope your insurance company remembers that it's "Good Car Keeping" month!

Kevin said...

I agree 100%. I am still dealing with the insurance company and will keep you posted once I know what they decided.